What are the types of air conditioning and heating units combined available here in the UK?
Air conditioning systems. These are not something we think about much in the UK until that one day we get hot and bothered. That is when you need to know which air conditioner is best to buy and quick.
Domestic and commercial air conditioning is not something that we buy all the time here in the UK. So, it’s understandable that many individuals and businesses are at a loss when it comes to air conditioning – even more so when it comes to air conditioning and heating units combined.
When it comes to the best combined air conditioning and heating brands, you may have even fewer starting points.
So how do you choose the best combined air conditioning and heating unit for your home or business?
Even though they are not that common, when we encounter heatwaves, long, hot spells or stuffy rooms here in the UK we invariably find them unbearable.
Yet, if you are a homeowner or a business you are probably not well-versed in how to go about choosing an air conditioner that will pump out chilled air effectively long-term. Also don’t forget that these units could be your salvation when it’s cold as they can also heat…
In this guide we will be focussing on the cooling aspects but don’t forget these are generally air conditioning and heating units combined. Our top tips here are designed to help you choose the best system for your home or business:
1. For the most effective air conditioning you will be looking for a wall mounted split air conditioning unit or central air conditioning, rather than a portable standalone unit.
2. To compare the cooling power of different air conditioning units check the BTU (British Thermal Unit) measurement which tells you how effective the unit will be at cooling down your space. You need around 10,000 BTU for a medium-sized domestic room measuring 24 m2 and around 8,000 BTU for a small room measuring 18 m2. For commercial office space or rooms measuring 36 m2 you should look for about 15,000 BTU.
3. The Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) conveys how energy efficient the air con unit is. The higher the rating, the more efficient the air con system.
4. Variety of fan speeds so that you can vary the rate of cooling.
5. Remote control, timer and sleep or night mode are useful practical extras.
6. Night mode will prevent the problem of waking cold if the temperature drops during the night.
7. A timer function so you can set your air con to switch on and off at the times that are convenient for you. An easy way to solve the problem of whether to sleep with the air conditioning on or not. Simply get one with a timer, then it can switch itself off automatically.
8. Heating, dehumidifier and fan-only modes are convenient options when the weather changes.
9. A quiet air conditioning system – no-one wants noisy air con.
Which is the best air conditioning system to buy in the UK and what are the brands to look out for?
When looking for the best split air or central air conditioning systems look out for air conditioning units by:
First Choice Aircon are a Mitsubishi 3 diamond dealer and are also expert installers of the Toshiba, Fujitsu and Daikin brands (among others) that tend to be the most popular here in the UK.
Mitsubishi is a market leader in air conditioning systems with a vast range of units including ductless, quiet operation and comprehensive remote functioning for convenient pre-programmable operations. Learn more about installation of wall mounted and central Mitsubishi air conditioning at: https://les.mitsubishielectric.co.uk/products/air-conditioning.
Fujitsu offer a wide array of durable air conditioning units complete with excellent performance and eco efficiency. Read more about installation of split air and central Fujitsu air conditioning at: https://www.fujitsu-general.com/uk/.
Toshiba are renowned for remaining at the cutting edge of air conditioning technology whilst retaining a long-term commitment to environmental impact. Their range is extensive. Find out more about split air and central Toshiba air conditioning at: https://www.toshiba-aircon.co.uk/
Daikin are known for their stylish, quality and energy-efficient air conditioning solutions for any building, find out more here: https://www.daikin.co.uk/en_gb/area-of-expertise/air-conditioning.html
First Choice Aircon have a dedicated team who specalise in air conditioning and air con heating systems so if you have any queries then just give us a call on 07877247661, fill in the form below or drop us an email to email@example.com we’re always happy to help.